This is a list of books, movies, documentaries, guides, and links, covering a range of topics, which I believe are quite insightful and have helped me understand more about life, society, politics, and the system.
I recall, as a teenager, always wanting to know more about the world. More about how it worked, more about how economy and politics functioned. More about the gears that force society into motion. These questions were hard to answer back in the day, as information in internet wasn’t that easily available, and connection speeds were awful, so I would spend my time on internet doing more “important” things than research.
One of the questions I commonly had was “Why do recessions occur, why can’t they just print a lot more money and we would all be much happier?” – Questions that forever I have been in search for their answers. After reading books, watching movies and catching in on news and blogs I have partially revealed many of the answers I have been searching for. Thus I present to you this guide.
Many of the items in this guide deals with conspiracy theories, and the source of a lot of information might be in doubt, therefore I suggest to hold a critical eye over all information.
Feel free to suggest items that you consider appropriate or relevant in the comments section at the end of the page.
Books and Pamphlets:
- Modern money mechanics [Read Booklet] – F.R. Bank of Chicago
- A non-fiction booklet about economy and how the system works.
- 1984 [Buy on Amazon] – George Orwell
- A novel (fiction) about life, politics, and the control system. Many will recall this book or novel by the impression ‘Big Brother’ has left in our society. The famous T.V. icon has it’s roots in this book.
- A Brave new World [Buy on Amazon] – Aldous Huxley
- A book about life, society, control and politics.
- The Da Vinci Code [Buy on Amazon] – Dan Brown
- A novel (fiction?) that explores the roots of the catholic religion, amongst others including how the opus dei operates. It caused a rather large impression on it’s millions of reithers. Debate rose up concerning how much of this book was true and how much was false. Many schools banned the book. How much of it is true may remain in the shadows, nonetheless, it provides an interesting read. (Warning: There are a few holes in the plot, and it is not writen in the best of ways.)
- Confessions of an Economic Hit Man [Buy on Amazon] – John Perkins
- A book about Economy.
- The Audit Explosion [Read PDF Online] – Michael Power
- A booklet about Economy, Business and Politics.
- Waiting for the Rain [Buy on Amazon] – Sheila Gordon
- A novel (Fiction) about Life, Politics and the Apartheid.
- The Alchemist [Buy on Amazon] – Paulo Coelho
- A novel (Fiction) about Life, Destiny, Society and Religion.
- The Resistance Manifesto [Buy on Amazon] – Mark Dice
- A book about life, politics, war, economy, control and religion.
- The Two Cultures [Preview Online] – C.P. Snow
- Knowledge, Science, Literature.
Websites, E-Zines, Blogs and Vlogs:
- Sustainable Economics. [Enter Website]
- The Resistance Manifesto. [View Trailer] [Website Disabled]
- Money Myths. [Enter Video Blog]
- Prisonplanet. [Enter Website]
- Welcome to Orwell’s World 2010. [Read Article]
- ‘Who controls the past’, ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past’. If you want some quick answers to where we seem to be headed, according to Bruce Gagnon, read this short article.
- Interview with an Adware Author. [Read Article]
- For those interested in computers and viruses, this is a must-read. This article is about an adware author, talking about the methods he used, the company he worked with, and the scandal which was consecuence of his actions. It gives you a lot to think about, specially about how secure your computer really is.
- Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse. [Read Article] [PDF Guide]
- This article describes the american guidestones. Rules to be followed pending an apocallypse. Many of those who have read them, including the villagers and citizens nearby have declared them to be work of the devil. Others have associated them with the NWO. One thing is true as far as I am concerned: some of those engraved words are truly inspiring.
- Zeitgeist. [Watch online] – Life, Religion, Politics and Economy
- This film “focuses on suppressed historical & modern information about currently dominant social institutions, while also exploring what could be in store for humanity if the power structures at large continue their patterns of self-interest, corruption, and consolidation.“, while being quite long, it is definitely worth a watch.
- Zeitgeist “Addendum”. [Watch online] – Sustainable Economy
- This is the second version of Zeitgeist. The film “attempts to locate the root causes of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution.“
- Lessons of Darkness. [Clip no longer available] – War
- The ring of power. [Watch online] – Politics, Economy and Religion
- Description pending.
- The Shock Doctrine. [Watch online] – Politics, Control, Society
- Description pending.
- ENDGAME. [Watch online] – Politics, War, Control, Society, Money
- A documentary by Alex Jones (referred to as a conspiracy theorist). This film which lasts a little over 2 hours talks about a broad range of topics, dealing mostly with the Bilderberg group, the NWO, society, how the elite plan to control the people, the theory of evolution, mass-extinction, the Georgia guidestones, 9/11, Bush (father/son), and a whole range of other topics surrounding those I have mentioned previously.
- Bowling for Columbine. – Gun Crime & Society in the USA
- A documentary by Michael Moore which details a search that the director embarks upon to find out why in the USA there is a vast quantity of gun crime compared to other countries, upon other things. He details his findings throughout the film, including footage from the Columbine High School massacre, as well as other shootings, and the ease with which Americans can purchase arms in the USA.
- The Secret Life of Chaos. – Science
- A beautiful documentary by BBC4 about the relationship between chaos and order, about how cells distinguish themselves to become lung cells, skin cells, etc. It is about the creation of the universe, the patterns in nature, the Mandelbrot pattern and its creator, Alan Turing, and many other scientists that gave way to a change from the Newtonian way of thinking.
- Citizenfour. – Edward Snowden and the NSA
- Very insightful; basically a “behind the scenes” for all the shit that went down recently regarding the NSA, GCHQ, and other entities.
- Inside Job. – Economy
- The financial crisis of 2008 in detail and very easy to comprehend. Basically a tale of incredulous irresponsibility.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four – Michael Radford. [IMDB]
- Thought control. What would you make of a world where the police can watch you through any camera at any time, your thoughts, you actions, everything is under control. Those who are not alligned get called up by ‘Big Brother’. May this be where we are heading? I sure hope not. Great historical film.
- The Da Vinci Code – Ron Howard. [IMDB]
- Movie (novel) about the secrets of the church. Just as I describe further on in “Angnels & Demons” which was also written by Dan Brown, I remain sceptical of the historical contents of this movie. It caused a sensation in my city, some schools banned the book (catholic schools, and those related to the opus dei in some way). Now… that makes me wonder.
- Farenheit 451 – François Truffaut. [IMDB]
- What would happen if the world goverment were to suddenly ban all of us from reading books? Not only ban, but criminalise it! It is a quite dramatic movie about a truth that could have been, or might as well be, who knows. The ending is a masterpiece in my opinion.
- Dr. Strangelove – Stanley Kubrick. [IMDB]
- I saw this movie many years ago in history class. A story about the bomb and possible nuclear holocaust. Sound familiar? In the genre of ‘Dark Comedy’ I consider this to be rather crucial in this guide of movies.
- Angels & Demons – Ron Howard. [IMDB]
- Movie concerning catholisism, the vatican, the illuminati, and the truths behind these institutions and corporations. How much of it is true could remain unknown, as it is a novel after all, but it is interesting to get to know the views and studies of Dan Brown throughout this film. I remain sceptical nonetheless.
- Idiocracy - Mike Judge. [IMDB]
- Where we seem to be heading
- 2001: A Space Odyssey – Stanley Kubrick. [IMDB]
- Mesmerising space epic
- Another mesmerising space epic
- Everybody’s Free (to wear sunscreen). [Watch online]
- A music video about life and optimism. It becomes rather cliché in more than one part, nonetheless the underlying meaning is rather interesting. If life was only that perfect. Life can be that perfect, though, as long as we set our mind to it.
- The History of the Internet. [Watch online]
- For those interested in computer science and how our internet has evolved, this short infographic video is self-explanatory. It gives you an excellent insight into where we were, where we are, and a bit about where we are going.
- The Crisis of Credit Visualised. [Watch online] – Economy and Politics
- Ever wondered how credit crisis’ start? What is the cause behind them? What is the relationship between homeowners and bankers, and investors? Well this short infographic movie will detail the cause of it all, while explaining it to you in a very friendly way.
- Understanding the Financial Crisis. [Watch online] – Economy
- This infographic video gives you a much shorter description than the previous one. It includes a few more ‘financial’ terms, nonetheless it is a good watch for those interested in the reasons of the financial crisis.
- Muslim Demographics. [Watch online] – Demographics
- First watch this 8 minute video about the expansion of Islam in Europe, and America. I got curious about the statistics and found this article that explains a bit more about the ‘truths’ behind this video on the BCC. [Read the article] to get the other point of view.
- The Hubble Ultra Deep Field in 3D. [Watch online HD] – The Universe
- A 4:17 HD video that tells you the story behind the “Ultra Deep Field” photograph from the Hubble Telescope, as well as giving you a perspective into where we are, and what size we represent in space. I consider it to be a short journey into distance, space and time.
- Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 05. [Watch Online]
- Randy Pausch: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. [Watch Online]
- Radical Abundance: How We Get Past “Free”. [Watch Online]
- A 15:46 video that tells you a little bit (in simple terms) about how the current economic model came to be, why it is wrong, and what web 2.0 has taught us about an efficient progress to a stable and modern currency system.
- Noam Chomsky on the Role of the Educational System. [Watch Online]
- “The educational system is supposed to train people to be obedient, conformist, not think too much, do what you’re told, stay passive, don’t cause any crises of democracy, don’t raise any questions, and so on.”
- Asteroid discovery from 1980 to 2010. [Watch Online]
- This is a view of the solar system showing the locations of all the asteroids starting in 1980, as asteroids are discovered they are added to the map and highlighted white.
Wishlist & Books/Films I still have to Review:
- Film: Who Killed the Electric Car?
- Book: Catcher in the Rye
- Book: Perks
- Book: Choke
- Book: 1984
- Book: Fountainhead
- Book: A Brave new world
- Club Bilderberg
- Tragedy & Hope
- The passing of the great race
- Film: Tomorrow’s Children
- Video: Creature From Jekyll Island (A Second Look at the Federal Reserve) [Watch Online]
- Book: End the Fed by Ron Paul
- Book: The revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul
- Book: A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking